The Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew is an excellent sock in every aspect. The design should work well for most outfits, and the performance is second to none.
This review will expand on all the key aspects of the Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew. Let’s begin.
Rising 9” from heel to cuff, the Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew falls just a few inches lower than most crew socks. The lower rise of this mini crew sock allows it to rest just below the calf muscle, ensuring that it doesn’t feel too tight when worn.
The moderate height allows you to wear the Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew for various activities, including walking, hiking, and more.
For casual use, the rise of the sock is high enough, so you never have to worry about skin exposure when sitting down and crossing your legs. This allows you to wear the Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew with much of the casual outfits in your wardrobe.
For athletic use, the socks pair well with hiking boots and walking shoes. In addition, the 9” rise of the sock provides adequate protection against low-lying branches, poisonous plants, and bugs.
The Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew also features an anatomical design for a more secure and comfortable fit.
Lastly, the Merino 10s also have moderate arch compression to provide some support for your feet.
Feetures made the Merino 10s from the following materials:
- Nylon – 44%
- Wool – 27%
- Tencel – 26%
- Spandex – 3%
By combining these fabrics, you enjoy a sock that is durable, moisture-wicking, temperature regulating, and breathable.
Performance and Comfort
Regarding the performance of these socks, they are fabulous. Here are five key aspects of these socks that we wanted to share:
- Warmth: Even when wearing these socks in sub-zero temperatures, they provided plenty of warmth.
- Cushioning: The merino and nylon fabric work together to provide cushioning to the sole of the feet without being excessive. As a result, shoes didn’t feel too tight when wearing these socks.
- Fit Security: The arch compression, narrower size ranges, and anatomical design allow these socks to have a secure fit without feeling tight.
- Cuff: Unlike the Hanes Crew Socks that were much too tight on the cuff causing severe indentation to the skin, the Feetures Mini Crew socks felt much more comfortable on the leg without ever sliding down.
- Odor: Even when wearing the socks for multiple days, the Feetures Mini Crew never smelled.
Despite the socks containing merino wool, caring for them is simple. Machine wash cold and tumble dry low.
Presently, the Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew is only available in black.
$22 for a single pair of socks is expensive. However, the comfort and performance provide a great return on investment.
The Feetures Merino 10 Cushion Mini Crew is an all-around great sock. The design and performance are exceptionally well done. If there were any downsides to this sock, it would be the limited color section.
- Excellent composition of fabrics
- Design features throughout provide a secure fit
- Works well for casual and light athletic use
- Limited color section
Overall Rating: 4.9/5